As we look to get ready for the 7th Annual 5K Race for the Nation we thought it would be a great motivator for returning participants and newcomers to take a look at the sights and sounds from last year’s amazing event.
If you are not yet a fan of this event, please visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RacefortheNation to stay up to date on all the latest happenings with this event to include updates on door prizes, awards, sponsors, special guests, photos, videos, and race results.
I am really excited to see the event in its 7th year. I have had the privilege of being a part of some pretty amazing things when it comes to this race including things like having Olympic Gold Medalist Billy Mills as the Master of Ceremonies for the first two years of the event; Watching top talent like Luke Watson (Addidas) and Jeff Miller (Masters) come out and blaze the course to a new records of 15:00 for Open Men and 15:52 for the Masters; Watching a mother and daughter push each other to finish their very first 5K together; and putting medals on hundreds of smiling young faces in the children’s one mile fun run.
So, you ask yourself, Why come out to participate in the 7th Annnual 5K Race for the Nation and One-Mile Fun Run? Here is just a few reasons:
- 5K Course is fast, flat and certified by USATF!
- Family friendly atmosphere and event!
- Chip Timing with Results Kiosks onsite by SpectaSport this year!
- Over $1,000 in cash prizes to the top three men and women in the Open Division and Masters division!
- Nationally famous race announcer Joe Jefferson on the mic!
- Cheerleaders (All Star Rebels Competition Cheer Squad)!
- Moisture-wicking Race T-Shirts
- Thousands of dollars in merchandise given away randomly!
- Age Group Awards through 70yrs+!
- Great way to exercise and challenge yourself mentally and physically
- Lastly, multiple causes benefitting from this event (Local Youth Football, Wounded Warrior Project and the Navajo Nation)